As a Compliance Carbon Market Analyst you will play a central role in achieving our ambition of becoming a globally leading supplier of analytics and insights supporting the path towards a net zero economy. You will join our highly skilled and motivated team of experts, delivering forward looking analytics combined with deep market expertise and delivered through a state-of-the-art tech platform.
The right candidate has gathered experience in one or several compliance carbon markets either in an analyst or trader role and is highly motivated to build a world-class analytical service. One of your first tasks will be the development of our compliance carbon analytics offering jointly with the Lead Carbon market Analyst. You will be recognized as a thought-leader in compliance carbon market analytics by representing Greenfact at external events and in public debates.
If you have a strong academic background, hands-on experience working with carbon or environmental product markets and drive to think innovatively then you are the person we are looking for.
You will report to the Lead Carbon Analyst.
This role is based in Oslo, Norway or in Berlin, Germany with the flexibility to work remotely as part of our agile working policy.
- Contribute to our carbon analytics offering by writing engaging market reports, analysis reports and data-driven insights
- Observe and closely follow regulatory developments associated to the compliance markets globally, with a focus on the EU ETS, US markets and China
- Deeply understand compliance market price driver and associated behavior of market participants
- Collaborate closely with the Greenfact quantitative analyst team to jointly source and analyze data on compliance carbon markets globally.
- Be a go-to point for our customers and the market community by providing analytical insights and market knowledge via our analysis platform.
- Own the analytical outreach and show thought leadership by speaking to media, in conferences, and webinars, supported by the wider team.
- Be in direct contact with our customers and support them in understanding compliance carbon market developments, price drivers and fundamentals
- Collaborate across functions and foster the sales nurturing process.
What we’re looking for:
- A Master’s degree or higher in a related field e.g., economics, industrial engineering, energy policy.
- Work experience in carbon markets (voluntary or compliance) in an analytical or trading position.
- Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to build and maintain networks with stakeholders.
- A strong team player able to operate in an environment that is both demanding and multicultural.
- Willingness to travel regularly
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive terms and conditions
- An international work environment
- Central office location in Oslo or Berlin
- Flexible office hours and location
- Lunch and gym facility
Greenfact is an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented people, and we believe that diversity makes us better.